Alpine Skills - Hillary Outdoors
Thursday, 29 August 2019 at 9:00 AM to Friday, 30 August 2019 at 5:00 PM
Organiser: Michael Baird
New Date is 29 & 30
Two day Alpine Skills course through Hillary Outdoors.
We will go up to Ruapehu on the Friday, stay somewhere, do the course on Saturday, stay somewhere, and continue the course on Sunday.
Prerequisites of going:
- Must have done an AIC cource, or had good experience in snowy terrain. Knowing how to use an iceaxe, crampons is essential.
- Although spaces are limited to eight people, this is not a first come first served. Spaces will go to people who will use the skills the most, and who will give back to the club the most.
- If you have a car.... that's great ;)
This short course provides a progression to the 2-day introductory course. Here we will focus on moving into more technical terrain where ropes and anchors are important for safety. This should provide skills to make those South Island trips a safe experience.
- Use ice axes and crampons while walking on steep snow and icy slopes and mixed terrain.
- Rope-work for climbing and descending steeper terrain.
- Two tool climbing techniques
- Self and party management
Cost: TBC, subsidised.
Feel free to sign up or flick me an email.
Login to see Trip Emergency Contact.
This trip has already happened!